Monday, March 17, 2008

Yeah, Baby, Yeah!


Getting a new pair of running shoes is a lot like buying a new car. The smell, the feel, the magic of something new on my feet.......ahhhh. I used to think that this strange feeling was something found only in female social circles, where a new pair of shoes was like chocolate. But then i started running.
Last week i decided to step out of my Brooks "comfort zone" and try something a little more on the wild side: The Adidas Supernova Control 10. So far, this shoe is a little piece of heaven. This shoe has just the right mix of medial support and cushion. I'm a "late-stage" pronator and at heel strike i hit very lateral, but the Supernova controls both of these things very well. I had almost conceded the fact that i would always feel some sort of ache or pain with my long runs, but this weekend I ran without even a twinge! Now the question is how long is this going to last? Maybe I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase ;) I guess we'll see, but for now this shoe is making things a lot easier for me. If you tend to need a little stability in your shoes, but don't want a big motion control shoe, i would check this one out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aahhh, new shoes - what a feeling! I too went from Brooks Radius/Glycerin to Adidas Adistar Cushion/Supernova Cushion and am glad I switched. My local running store manager describes the forefoot of the Glycerin as a "packet of soy sauce" and he's spot on with the analogy.

Anyway, I have to agree, there's nothing like the break in period of a new pair of running shoes. Enjoy it while it lasts :)

--Steve

John said...

Steve, what king of mileage are you getting on the supernova cushion/outsole wear?

Good job on your Shamrock finish/ Solid run! I'm sure the the Guinness helped. It is one of my favorite fuels as well.

Lou said...

Thanks man! No guiness though, only Green Miller Lite!

stevespeirs said...

Hey John,

Early days with the Supernova Cushions at the moment, but I've got almost 400 miles on both pairs of Adistar Cushions.

Sorry for the late reply. I guess I didn't check the "email follow up comments box".

The Guinness definitely helped :)

Thanks,

--steve